Pumpkin cheesecake is one of my favorite fall desserts! These pumpkin cheesecake parfaits are fun take on the standard cheesecake and are great for individual Thanksgiving desserts.
Deciding what desserts to serve on Thanksgiving is difficult for me. There are just way too many options! I want something pumpkin and pecan, but apple pie sounds good, too. A few years ago we switched out our pumpkin pie for pumpkin cheesecake and it’s been a regular part of our Thanksgiving menu ever since. This year, though, I am in the mood for apple pie but it’s just not Thanksgiving with a little pumpkin. Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits are just what I was looking for. I can make these in small cups for a little taste of pumpkin but still have room for apple pie.
I adapted the original recipe by making homemade whipped cream and using regular cream cheese. I also sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on the top instead of using nuts and I was really happy with the way they looked. I think it would be fun to change up the graham cracker crumbs with gingersnap cookie crumbs or even pecans chopped finely. All would be delicious!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 small can)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- In a food processor or blender, blend together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg and puree until smooth.
- Layer ingredients in desired serving dishes as follows: graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin, and then the whip cream. Layer twice ending with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of parfait or add a few nuts for garnish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
This article may contain affiliate links.