This cute pool noodle crafts for kids is a fun caterpillar! All you need are a few basic craft supplies from the dollar store and this cute guy can grace your yard, garden or favorite flower pot.
I love pool noodle crafts. I pick up a bunch at the dollar store every summer and usually make wreaths with them. This summer I’ve been sharing fun ways to create with pool noodles.
The first week I shared this super cute and fun Pool Noodle Party Garland, which is perfect for a pool party. Last week I shared how to make a fleet of pool noodle boats so the kids can have a regatta in the backyard. We also shared easy to make pool noodle napkin rings for party decorations.
This week we are making this adorable little caterpillar for your garden, planter or yard. As usual, this is a great craft for the kids to make along with you. Really, all you need to do is cut the pool noodle and they can do the rest.
Pool Noodle Crafts for Kids: A Caterpillar
Pair of googly eyes
Craft glue or hot glue, glue gun
2 wooden craft sticks
1. Begin by cutting the pool noodle into ½ inch to 1 inch segments. The serrated knife used in a sawing motion is ideal when cutting.
2. Create the face of your caterpillar. Simply add a dab of glue to the back of the eyes and press them to the top of one of the segments.
3. Cut the pipe cleaner down to about 2-3 inches and then curl like antennae. Attach the pipe cleaner with glue to the back of the caterpillar face.
4. You can now glue the pool noodle segments together using your craft glue. Simply add a dab of glue, press, and hold in place until secure.
5. If you wish to place the caterpillar into a flower pot, glue on a pair of wooden craft sticks. Just add dab of glue and press to the back of the caterpillar.
To use your pool noodle caterpillar, just press the wooden sticks into the soil.
Gather a pool noodle and your other crafting supplies and give this easy pool noodle caterpillar a try!
[dtbaker_banner text=”Other Fun Pool Noodle Crafts:” linkhref=”” type=”banner”]