Make a DIY snowman craft ornament using fuzzy gloves, ping pong balls, and a few basic craft supplies.
Turn plain white ping pong balls and the fingers from fuzzy gloves into snowman ornaments for your Christmas tree. Paint a snowman face on the ping pong balls. Then follow an easy tutorial on cutting and sewing little snowman hats using a winter glove. This is a great way to recycle gloves that have lost their mate! Glue the hat to the top of the ping pong ball. Tiny pom poms are added to the top of the hats. The ornaments are then hung on the Christmas tree using embroidery thread attached to the hats.
Ping Pong Snowman Craft Ornament
These cute snowman craft ornaments are so fun and easy to make. We bought new fuzzy gloves for the hats, but you could also make them with random single gloves that have lost their match.
These are inexpensive to make for your Christmas tree, but you can also use them to decorate gifts.
Ping Pong Snowman Craft Ornament Supplies
- Ping Pong Balls – plain white with no writing. Also, check beer pong and table tennis balls.
- Fuzzy gloves (new or used)
- Pom poms
- Embroidery thread
- Sewing needle or upholstery needle
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
Use scissors to cut the fingers off of a fuzzy glove. Discard the glove and keep the fingers. You could try this knit gloves, too.
Cut the finger vertically, about 1″ from the bottom with scissors. You just want to open up the back so you can pull it over the ping pong ball to make a hat. Don’t cut it completely open.
Wrap the finger of the glove around the ping pong ball. The back of the hat will have the split you cut. You’ll need to stretch it over the ball to fit.
Add a brim to the hat by rolling up the edge of the hat so it creates a hat brim.
Attach the glove hat to the ping pong ball with hot glue. First add glue to the front and back of the hat to secure it to the ping pong ball. Then add hot glue along the brim to keep the brim secure to the hat.
Finish off the hat by using hot glue to attach a pom pom to the top of the hat. You can have fun and mix up the colors of the gloves/hats and the pom poms. Making these in school colors for teachers and staff would be cute.
Once the hat is secure, add eyes and a mouth. Use black puffy paint to make eyes. Then add a snowman carrot nose with orange puffy paint.
Allow the ping pong balls to dry by setting the ball on an egg carton, so they don’t roll away. Keep the ball level/parallel to the table the egg carton sits on. Allow drying completely.
Thread some embroidery floss through an upholstery needle. You can use any needle you like. Embroidery needles just make threading a little easier.
thread the needle through the top of the hat. Cut the thread and
Tie a knot at the top of the floss to create a hanging hook to hang the ornament from your Christmas tree.
- Ping Pong Balls
- Fuzzy Gloves
- Small, 5/8" pom poms
- Orange puffy paint
- Black puffy paint
- Embroidery thread
- Hot glue
- Upholstery (curved) needle
- Use scissors to cut all the fingers off of a glove. Discard the glove and keep the fingers. Cut the finger, about 1" from the bottom with scissors.
- Wrap the finger of the glove around the ping pong ball. The back of the hat will have the split you cut. You'll need to stretch it over the ball to fit.
- Roll up the edge so it creates a hat brim.
- Affix the hat with hot glue. First, apply hot glue on the ping pong ball to affix the glove to the ball. Add it on the front and back. Then add hot glue along the brim to attach the brim it to the hat.
- Use hot glue to attach a pom pom to the top of the hat.
- Add eyes and a mouth with black puffy paint.
- Add an orange nose with puffy paint and let dry completely by setting the ball on an egg carton. Keep the ball level/parallel to the table the egg carton sits on. Then leave on the carton to dry completely.
- Once the paint is dry, add the hanger. Thread embroidery floss through an upholstery needle and thread the needle through the top of the hat.
- Cut the thread and tie a knot to create a hanging hook.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of ornaments.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tulip 10046125 Dimensional Fabric Paint Party Pack, Permanent 3D Paint for Fashion DIYs, Arts & Crafts, Rainbow &; Neon Colors (Pack of 20)
Shappy 2000 Pieces 6 mm Pom Poms for Craft Making, Hobby Supplies and DIY Creative Crafts Decorations (Multicolored)
Boao 3 Pairs Kids Gloves Full Finger Mittens Winter Knitted Gloves for Little Boys and Girls Supplies
Rhode Island Novelty Washable Plastic Beer Pong Balls 144 Balls