Chinese New Year is the perfect time to try a new chicken curry recipe. Pineapple chicken curry is a sweet, aromatic and flavorful dish that your whole family will love. Serve with rice and chop sticks for homemade Thai take out at home!
My family loves Asian food. Sesame seed oil, curry powder, and fish sauce are all staples in my pantry. We have several curry recipes that we love including Chicken Curry Kebabs, Curried Rice, and even a Beef Curry. We love our curry dishes! In honor of Chinese New Year, a 15-day celebration that kicked off earlier this week, I decided it was time to add another curry recipe to my recipe box.
Pineapple chicken curry is a sweet and slightly spicy dish. I think it's my favorite curry recipe, yet. You can control the spice by using more or less of the red curry paste. I only used one tablespoon and it wasn't spicy at all. Next time, I'll definitely be using more. The curry comes together very quickly and would be perfect for a Chinese New Year party.
Pineapple Chicken Curry
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1-3 Tablespoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 1 Tablespoon pineapple syrup from can of pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- 3 large chicken breasts, sliced thin
- Other vegetables like sweet peppers, onions, carrots, sliced or diced
- Cooked rice
- Chop, prepare and open all of your ingredients before starting.
- In a large skillet or frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste in an amount to taste. I prefer closer to 3 Tablespoons, but start with 1 and work up.
- Stir curry paste until fragrant, about 90 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth. Stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Add pineapple syrup and fish sauce to coconut milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and vegetables to the pan.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Drain pineapple from juices and add to pan. Turn off heat and stir until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 632kcal Calories from fat 415|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 46g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 30g||150%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|