This post brought to you by Walmart. All opinions are 100% mine.
A homemade peppermint mocha latte is the perfect pairing to have with a Holiday Cookie once all the baking is done!
I love holiday baking! I did a lot of baking during the holidays before we had kids and now that the kids are old enough to “help” me bake, it’s even more fun. I like to bake the standards, like cut out sugar cookies, but I also enjoy mixing it up every year with something new.
After a long day of holiday baking, I’m usually beat. Cleaning up the mess is not really the best part of the activity. But sitting down to a plate full of fresh baked cookies with a nice cup of coffee is just about the best part of the holidays. I love holiday coffee so I created a favorite holiday coffee drink, peppermint mocha, at home using Folgers® Black Silk coffee in place of espresso.
I brewed the Folgers Black Silk nice and strong and then added in hot milk mixed with dark chocolate and peppermint extract.
Add a dollop of whipped cream and some crushed candy canes on top for the perfect end to our Holiday Cookie baking!
- 3/4 cup brewed Folgers Black Silk coffee
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Whipped cream and crushed candy canes for garnish
- In a small pan, heat the half and half over medium heat, whisking so it doesn't burn.
- Once the half and half is hot, stir in chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Turn off the heat and add in peppermint.
- Pour coffee in to a mug. Add as much as the half and half mixture as you'd like.
- Top with whipped cream and candy.
[dtbaker_banner text=”You Will Also Love:” linkhref=”” type=”brush”]
Peppermint Chocolate Martini Recipe
Fun and Unique Caffeinated Gifts for Coffee Lovers
24 Homemade Gourmet Coffee Recipes
Peppermint Mocha is perfect for the holiday season. Thanks for a great and easy recipe!