The other night I ran across a peanut butter no bake cookie recipe on Pinterest. (Are you on Pinterest? I love it! You can follow my boards (or click on the button to the right) but be careful — it’s like falling in to the rabbit hole once you start clicking!) The no bake cookie recipe I have is from my fourth grade class. I got it off some educational program called “Mulligan Stew” they showed in class. It’s a decent recipe, but kind of runny. I was interested in a peanut butter version, too, so my sous chef and I got to work. Then my sous chef insisted that we use Nutella as well, which turned them right back in to plain old chocolate no bakes. Leave out the Nutella for a peanut butter no bake or add in chocolate chips if you want chocolate but don’t have Nutella. These cookies set very well — definitely the best I’ve seen in a no bake recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups sucanat or sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup total of peanut butter and/or Nutella (I used 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups regular oatmeal
- In a medium pot bring milk, butter and sugar to a rolling boil (big bubbles that won't go away when you stir) over medium heat.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter/Nutella and vanilla.
- Stir until peanut butter/Nutella melts.
- Stir in oats.
- Scoop out cookies on to a piece of waxed paper and allow to cool.