Cheese bread is one of my favorite forms of carbs. This cheese bread is basically a savory version of a cream puff. The batter comes together quickly with just butter, water, flour and eggs. Stir in cheese and bake for an easy cheese bread perfect for any night!
I didn’t set out to make cheese bread for this month’s Secret Recipe Club. In fact, On The Move – In the Galley made it very difficult to choose a recipe. What an amazing collection of recipes there are on this blog! I really didn’t have anything in mind when I went searching. The crepes with Lemon Parsley Sauce look amazing. When I saw the Parmesan Puff recipe and realized that it is basically a savory rendition of a cream puff, I knew I had to try it.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make it your own very easily. I just used Parmesan cheese, but any cheese would work. Then add your favorite herbs – straight from your garden, perhaps. We ate these with all sorts of meals – salmon, pasta with clam sauce, at breakfast with eggs and they were delicious with each one. This would also be a fun cheese bread to make in to small puffs to serve as an appetizer.
Easy Parmesan Cheese Bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Herbs, onions, etc for desired flavoring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine water, milk, salt and butter in a medium pot. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and add flour all at once. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough ball.
- Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to cool just a bit. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in cheese and black pepper and any other herbs or additions.
- Drop batter in to desired sizes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake puffs for 20 minutes on top rack of oven until golden crisp.
Check out what the other members of The Secret Recipe club cooked up this month!
This bread looks so wonderful! I’ll have to give it a try. 🙂
YUMMY! This sounds so good!!! Great choice. I love how you do your recipes..
THank you so much Kristin!
Miz Helen says
What a fun recipe to try, we will really enjoy this little treat. Hope you are having a great week.
Group B SRC
I don’t think I’ve seen a recipe like this before, but it sounds fantastic
Shelley C says
Oh yum, these look simple and delicious – what a great choice!
Wow! This looks so good and easy to whip together for a from scratch bread for dinner.
I was assigned your blog this month and made your Pineapple Sangria. Love it!
Judee! Thank you! I have been so swamped today that I’m just getting time to sit down and look at the wonderful recipes! 🙂
This recipe is completely new to me but I love cheese anything – looks great!
They look so perfect! I have some thyme I need to use and this would be a great way to use that with some sharp cheddar cheese. Thanks for the inspiration. Great SRC choice!
Camille, you chose one of my favorites, Parmesan Puffs, for SRC this month. Your suggestion of fresh herbs sounds even more delicious.
You have so many great recipes!! Thanks for letting me make one!