Nutella and Banana bread? I was a bit skeptical, but oh my goodness — this is amazing! This simple quick recipe takes only a few minutes to whip together and makes amazing gifts for friends and family.
Every year for the past six years, a group of friends of mine has gotten together for a cookie exchange in early December. I usually bring a sweet treat. Last year I made some chocolate dipped pretzels but this year I packaged up some Slow Cooker Chex Mix for something different.
One of my friends, Kim, always brings mini-loaves of banana bread (<– that's her recipe!). She makes the best banana bread! This year she told she was going to bring Nutella Banana Bread. I pretty much dismissed the idea because it just didn't sound good to me. I like Nutella and I like banana bread, but together? No thanks! Then Kim texted me that this was the best banana bread she'd ever made. I still had my doubts … until I tasted the Nutella Banana Bread.
This bread is heaven. Pure deliciousness. You can make one large loaf or bake in to mini-loaves. Kim baked these into small loaf pans from Michaels and then packaged them up with plastic bags and ribbon for a beautiful little gift.
Nutella Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- About 3/4 heaping cup Nutella
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and use a whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating completely.
- Add bananas, vanilla and milk to the mixer bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop out around 3/4 cup Nutella into a small pan. You don't have to be exact with the measurement. Heat over low heat on the stove. Remove to a small bowl.
- Add 1 cup banana bread mixture to the Nutella and stir to mix.
- Prepare one large loaf pan or four mini-loaf pans by greasing well.
- Fill loaf pans by alternating banana bread mixture with Nutella mixture.
- Use a knife to swirl the batters together.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes for a large loaf, less for mini-loaves.
- Let the loaves cool for about 15 minutes before removing from loaf pans, if you are removing them.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3747kcal Calories from fat 1148|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 128g||197%|
|Saturated Fat 98g||490%|
|Dietary Fiber 26g||104%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe adapted from Chef In Training
Don't forget to sign up to receive my newsletter so you won't miss any other fabulous recipes!