- Pattern sheet printed and cut out. (Images shown are of the small 4″ pinwheels).
- Wood Skewers (mine are 10″ long and I picked them up at the dollar store)
- Hot Glue
- Felt in several colors
- Sharp Scissors
- Layer two sheets of felt, together, lining up corners. Using the pattern, cut the two pieces of felt into a square. Trim slits (as shown on the pattern) into the two pieces.
- Using a hot glue gun, place a dollop of glue in the center of the square. Bend the top left corner of the pinwheel square to the center and hold until glue sticks. You may have to put a smidge of glue under the second piece that lays directly on the first piece you just glued. Hold for a few seconds until set.
- Repeat to complete the pinwheel. Glue every other corner of the triangles to create the shape. Set aside for glue to harden completely.
- Once dry, place about a 1″ of glue in the center of the pinwheel on the back and attach the skewer. Cover the skewer with more hot glue and set aside until set.
- On the front side, affix color coordinating buttons or mix it up with different buttons using hot glue. Set aside until glue is hardened and display as you wish!