Make buffalo chicken chili in your slow cooker in just a few hours. This low-carb recipe is great for a chicken wing fix!
If your family loves buffalo chicken wings, they will love this fun version of chicken chili. You will create a buffalo sauce broth and cook the chicken. It thickens up in the last part of the cooking to create a delicious and fun dinner. This would also be great for watching football games or tailgating.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Chili Ingredients:
- Chicken broth
- Coconut milk
- A packet of ranch seasoning mix
- Homemade buffalo sauce – you can also use a store-bought sauce, but our homemade version is super easy to make!
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Corn starch
Buffalo Chicken Chili Directions:
Dice the celery and onions and put in the slow cooker. Make sure to use a slow cooker that is the right size. You want the slow cooker to be 2/3 full – no more and no less. This recipe will need a smaller size slow cooker, about 3-4 quarts. Double it and use a 6-quart slow cooker.
Next, cut the chicken into 1/2″ cubes and place in the slow cooker. You can use either thighs or breasts, but thighs tend to cook better in a slow cooker. Add the coconut milk, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing mix to the slow cooker, and mix it all together.
You can use our homemade buffalo sauce recipe or a store-bought sauce for this chili. The homemade sauce is easy to make. If you don’t have a ranch dressing packet on hand, use 1/4 cup of homemade Italian dressing mix and add dill. Dill is the secret ingredient to ranch dressing.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
Whisk together the corn starch and water in a small bowl. Add to the slow cooker and cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened.
Serve the buffalo chicken chili with a side of celery and blue cheese dressing for an authentic buffalo chicken experience.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
Make buffalo chicken chili in your slow cooker in just a few hours. This low carb recipe is great for a chicken wing fix!
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can coconut milk
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- ½ cup homemade buffalo sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT corn starch and water into your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Whisk together the corn starch and water in a small bowl. Add to the slow cooker and cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 1341mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 34g