Keep the kitchen clean during the busy school year with our free kitchen cleaning checklist!
After the lazy dog days of summer, it is hard to get into the swing of a new school year. Time is short and things like picking up and cleaning the house often fall to the wayside. Family life is busy with running around to activities, doing homework, and just living. It can get really frustrating coming home to a messy, dirty house all the time.
The trick is to know how to pick your battles when it comes to cleaning. You might just need the living spaces picked up and shoes put away. Maybe you need to keep the kitchen and bathrooms uber clean.
While you may not have time to deep clean every day, but keeping your house tidy helps it feel clean. Most of the time, the kitchen is the center of our homes. This handy printable breaks down kitchen cleaning in to daily, weekly, and monthly or yearly chores.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Daily Kitchen Tasks:
- Load and empty dishwasher
- Wipe down counters
- Wipe down stovetop
- Wash out the sink and dry, if stainless – if you dry a stainless sink after washing it out, the water spots disappear and the sink sparkles!
- Wash, dry, and put away hand-washed dishes
- Change out dishrag and hand towels
Your kids can help with a lot of these daily chores. It takes a bit of training, but once they get the hang of it, it makes life a lot easier.
Weekly Kitchen Tasks:
- Clean countertops
- Clean stovetop and burners
- Mop floors
- Throw out food from the fridge – Do this the night before trash day!
- Wash towels and dishrags
- Wipe down small appliances
- Wipe down doors of fridge, oven, and dishwasher
Monthly or Yearly Kitchen Tasks:
- Clean oven
- Wipeout fridge doors, drawers, and shelves
- Clean behind fridge
- Organize and clean out freezers
- Run a clean cycle on coffee makers (may need to be done more often depending on your water)
- Wipe down cabinets
- Organize and clean out the pantry
- Clear countertops and wipe down
- Clean garbage disposal
So what to use to get your kitchen sparkling clean? Check out this list of 25 Homemade Natural Products for Cleaning!
Make sure to download and print off our kitchen cleaning checklist to get your kitchen clean and sparkling!