Italian Wedding Soup is one of our all time favorite soups. If you have broth and meatballs in the freezer, this literally takes about 15 minutes to come together. I serve it with fresh bread from the oven and it always fill us up.
Making homemade soup, believe it or not, is very simple. I used to think that soup required a lot of time to make, but the exact opposite is true. Most soups that I make require 30 minutes or less of prep and cooking! And they are so much healthier and taste better than the canned stuff.
This recipe is very versatile. You can homemade broth and meatballs or use store bought ones. You can use fresh spinach or frozen spinach. And any type of pasta works, too. I just bought a bag of tiny star shaped pasta that I’m hoping the kids love!
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 20 or so meatballs
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach or 1/2 package frozen spinach
- 1/2 box orzo or other smallish pasta
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Add in rest of ingredients.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.