I made this dish recently after a long summer of not turning on the oven. My husband declared it to be one of his favorite meals. I have to admit, it’s one of my favorites, too. I usually serve it over pasta or rice with a salad on the side.
I don’t use any measurements. I generally chop up about 3-4 chicken breasts and use enough bread crumbs to coat them. I make my own bread crumbs by shredding up a slice or two of bread in the food processor, but store bought works just fine. I also make my own Italian salad dressing, but, again, store bought works!
20 mins Prep Time
30 mins Cook Time
- 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs flavored with Italian seasonings
- 1 bottle of Italian salad dressing
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Beat egg in a small bowl, set aside.
- Place bread crumbs in another small shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg first, then the bread crumbs and then place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Repeat until all the chicken is beaded and in the baking dish.
- Pour Italian salad dressing over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.