This Thanksgiving free up oven space and make this Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe in your electric pressure cooker. A gingersnap cookie crust gives this pumpkin cheesecake a little extra YUM!
Last year for Christmas my husband got me an Instant Pot. I wasn’t sure that I would love it. I’ve always loved my slow cooker as evidenced by the many slow cooker recipes I share. But the idea of being able to cook food quickly, well, that’s hard to pass up.
Almost a year later and I can say I love, love my Instant Pot! There was a bit of a learning curve to figure out how it cooked and worked. But now that I have the hang of it, I’m already trying to decide if I need another one.
But I kept hearing that you can actually bake a really good (although small) cheesecake in the Instant Pot. I just kept putting off trying it. With Thanksgiving around the corner, though, it was time to see if my favorite pumpkin cheesecake recipe could stand the test of the Instant Pot. This way we could have pumpkin pie, pumpkin sheet cake and a small pumpkin cheesecake at Thanksgiving.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
We had to adjust the ingredients of the original recipe to fit in to a 6″ springform pan that would fit inside the Instant Pot. So follow these measurements!
Make the Crust:
Start by making the crust out of gingersnap cookies. This is the secret to this cheesecake! This crust is unbelievable. It is easiest to make this cheesecake in a food processor. But if you don’t have one, then put the cookies in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs.
Make the Cheesecake Filling:
Get Ready to Bake in the Instant Pot:
For the crust
- 26 Gingersnap Cookies
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
For the Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 blocks (12 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Process crust ingredients in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Pour into spring form pan and press gently on the bottom and up the sides to create crust. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until smooth. Add eggs and beat well. beat in pumpkin puree and sour cream and beat well. Beat in vanilla, spice and flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place a paper towel on top of the cheesecake and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Create a foil sling by tearing off a long piece of foil and folding in half. Place the foil sling under the pan and wrap it up and around the covered cheesecake. Fold the top to seal, but keep loose around the top of the pan like a tent.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups of water into the instant pot and place the trivet in the pot.
- Place the cheesecake on the trivet and close the lid. Seal the pressure release valve.
- Heat on high pressure for 30 minutes and allow instant pot to release pressure naturally.
- Open lid and remove the cheesecake. Remove the foil and let set until cooled.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3142 Total Fat: 213g Saturated Fat: 97g Cholesterol: 785mg Sodium: 2334mg Fiber: 13g Sugar: 151g Protein: 49g