Instant Pot butternut squash soup made with apples, cinnamon and ginger is an easy and delicious soup recipe.
One of the easiest recipes to make for dinner (or lunch) is soup. Slow Cooker Sausage and Lentil Soup is a hearty filling soup. Soup is even easier when you make it in an Instant Pot. You basically just throw all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and cook it up. Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup and Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup are also great recipes.
Butternut squash soup is a hearty soup recipe that’s great especially in the fall. Serve it with Easy Cheesy Bacon Cornbread Recipe.
You can look in your grocery store produce section for butternut squash that is already peeled and diced. That short cut makes this soup even easier to make.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup – Ingredients:
- White onion
- Large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks – The squash should be over 5 lbs. The larger the squash, the more soup you will get.
- Apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- Unsweetened apple juice
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup – Directions:
Prepare the butternut squash by peeling it, removing the seeds, and cutting it into chunks.
Start your Instant Pot to the sautee mode. Let the pot heat up for a few minutes.
Add oil and onion to the Instant Pot. Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Add the diced squash and apple, apple juice and water and seasonings to the Instant Pot. Mix well. Place the cover on the Instant Pot and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve.
Set the Instant Pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking cycle is complete, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
Carefully remove the lid from the Instant Pot. The squash should be nice and soft. Use a potato masher to mash the ingredients.
Puree the mixture with an immersion blender if desired. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add more water or apple juice to thin it out. Serve topped with additional cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Add oil and onion in the Instant Pot. Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add squash and apple, apple juice and water and seasonings. Mix well.
- Place the cover on the instant pot and seal shut. Close the pressure release valve.
- Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking cycle is complete, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to mash the ingredients.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender if desired.
- Serve topped with additional cinnamon.
Use a butternut squash that is over 5 lbs.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g