Whip up a batch of these easy honey cinnamon cookies for an afternoon treat with tea or coffee.
There is nothing like the smell of homemade cookies baking. Turning on the oven also helps keep the house toasty warm on a cold winter afternoon. These cinnamon cookies have a touch of honey making them a sweet and flavorful treat. These are great to bring to a potluck or to neighbor for a visit.
Honey Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
The best thing about cinnamon cookies is how easy they are to make. The dough comes together easily with basic cookie ingredients. Just beat sugar and oil either in a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer until blended. Add the egg, honey and vanilla and stir until combined.
Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to a small bowl and combine with the sugar mixture. Beat until combined. The dough will be stiff. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
When you are ready to bake, drop the cookie dough by tablespoons onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop to ensure all the cookies are the same size.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Let sit on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Then remove to cooling racks to cool.
Cinnamon Honey Cookies
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat ovent o 350.
- Beat sugar and oil with a mixer until blended. Beat in egg, honey and vanilla.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to a small bowl and combine with the sugar mixture. Beat until combined. The dough will be stiff. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1168kcal Calories from fat 300|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 33g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|