I don’t use onion soup mix much, but every once in a while I like to make a dip or use it season potatoes. This is really easy to mix together and keep in the pantry. You can make salad dressing with it, put it in sour cream for a veggie or chip dip, season chicken with it, or use it to make Ranch Potatoes. I keep the mix in a glass canning jar in my spice cupboard.
Dried, minced onion is found with the spices (and is also a good substitute if you run out of fresh onions!), but I try to buy it in bulk at Costco or Sam’s as it quite a bit less expensive that way.
5 minsPrep Time
1 minCook Time
- 2/3 cup dried, minced onion
- 3 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sucanat (or sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an air tight container.
This article may contain affiliate links.