Homemade Vanilla Hair Conditioner Ingredients:
- Coconut oil – Unrefined coconut oil will smell light of coconut and refined will have no odor.
- Almond oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Pure vanilla extract
Homemade Vanilla Hair Conditioner Directions:
- 1 cup, coconut oil (this is measured when solid, not liquid)
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Add coconut oil to a mixing bowl. Measure the 1 cup while the coconut oil is in a solid-state. If your oil is liquid, put it in the refrigerator to solidify it and then measure it out.
- Next, add the almond oil and vitamin E oil to the same mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a stand mixer or handheld mixers and beat the conditioner on high speed for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stop the mixer. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then continue to beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- After 8 minutes total, your homemade conditioner will be fluffy and similar to a dense homemade whipped cream.
- Spoon the conditioner into a container or jar and cover. Store the conditioner covered in your shower or bathroom. The conditioner gets slippery so be careful when using a glass jar.
To use your homemade conditioner, wet hair, and apply a very small amount to the ends of your hair. This small amount will really depend on the length and thickness of your hair. Anything from a dime to a nickel size should be adequate for most people.
Let the conditioner sit on your hair for 2-5 minutes before rinsing well. Be careful when using as this will make your shower or tub slippery.