My family loves gummy candy in all shapes, sizes and flavors! A few years ago I discovered a recipe to make it at home so we tried it out. It was so easy! Just three ingredients and some kind of mold is all you need. In half an hour, you will have your own gummy candy.
Gummy candy is about the easiest kid friendly recipe I’ve ever tried. My four year old could pretty much make these herself (except the “cooking” portion). We aren’t really big Jell-O eaters, but I try to keep a few boxes in the pantry for a quick afternoon gummy candy making session when some boredom sets in. Not exactly the healthiest of snacks but it’s fun to make!
You basically use three ingredients: water, gelatin and Jell-O. I’m thinking you could also use just fruit juice instead of the Jell-O and add another packet or two of gelatin, but I haven’t tried that yet. We usually make our gummy candy in candy molds, but I had a new silicone bunny mold I wanted to try out. The gummy candy made in the silicone mold was pretty sticky so just be aware of that!
- 1 3 oz box of flavored gelatin (Jell-O)
- 2 1/4 oz pouches of unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1/3 cup water
- Candy molds (or mini muffin cups or ice cube trays)
- Place water in a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle Jell-O and unflavored gelatin over water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Put saucepan on stove over medium heat and heat until the gelatin has combined with the water (takes about 2 minutes).
- Pour mixture in to a liquid measuring cup.
- Carefully (or not if your kid is doing it) pour gelatin mixture in to candy molds.
- Allow to sit until candy has set, about 20 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. This article may contain affiliate links.