Homemade chocolate candy bars recipe is perfect for using up Valentine’s Day, Halloween or Easter candy. Melt some chocolate and add any other mix ins you can find in your pantry for a homemade candy bar. These bars would be a fun treat for your Valentine or in an Easter basket.
I discovered this chocolate candy bar recipe a few years ago and had completely forgotten about it, which is too bad because it’s so easy to make. We call these candy bars, but it’s basically a bark. It’s a toss up as to whether my kids prefer chocolate candy or Valentine Chex Mix for Valentine’s Day.
You take whatever you have in your pantry that sounds like it’d be good covered in chocolate and mix it up. I sometimes use other flavored chips, like butterscotch or peanut butter, as well and mix them in with the chocolate. Drizzle some melted white chocolate over the bars to dress them up a little! Pair them up with a homemade hot chocolate mix for a sweet treat some afternoon.
- 8 ounces of chocolate of any kind
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Mix-ins such as:
- Dried cranberries
- Crushed pretzels
- Mini marshmallows
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter over low heat in a small pan.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in desired mix-ins.
- Smooth the chocolate mixture in a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Let cool until chocolate is set.
- Break the chocolate into pieces to eat. Store in an air-tight container.
Adapted from Stolen Moments Cooking.