Make mini heart shape pizza with your kids this Valentine’s Day with this easy pizza recipe. Just top homemade pizza dough with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese for a fun, easy Valentine’s Day recipe for kids.
Every February you see ads for heart shape pizza available at your favorite pizza place on Valentine’s Day. They are so cute! But making a large heart shaped pizza seems a bit intimidating. Rather than making a large pizza – go small! Use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut mini heart pizzas from pizza dough. Just top with sauce cheese for an adorable dinner or lunch.
Easy Heart Shape Pizza Recipe
The ingredients for these pizzas are pretty basic – pizza dough, pizza sauce and cheese. You can add any toppings you want, of course, but my kids are super boring and only like cheese on their pizzas. You can make the pizza dough from scratch, or use a store bought pizza dough as well. You probably will want a more bread like dough to make cutting out the hearts easier.
You will need some heart shaped cookie cutters to make the pizzas heart shaped. Pick up some heart shaped cookie cutters. We used the hearts form a box of 100 cookie cutters. The smoother shaped heart worked best with the pizza dough. So try to keep it to a simple heart.
Roll out the pizza dough and cut out the hearts. They can be as thick or thin as you want. We rolled these to about 1/4 inch thick. The pizza dough doesn’t act like cookie dough. It’s much stretchier and it pulls back after you cut it. It just took a little getting used to, but it worked great. A knife would also help to get the cut sharp. Place the dough hearts on an unbaked cookie sheet.
If you are using homemade dough, after cutting, gather all the scraps of the dough back together into a ball. Knead it together and then roll out again to cute more hearts. Continue this until all the dough is used up.
Once you have all your hearts cut out, top with pizza sauce. You don’t need much sauce – about a tabelspoon or less per pizza. Use a spoon to spread it on easily.
Then top with shredded mozzarella cheese and any toppings you like. Mini pepperoni would be super cute on these.
Pop the pizza in the oven and let them bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is brown.
Spend some time making this fun and easy Valentine’s Day recipe with your kids and enjoy mini heart shape pizzas for dinner.
- Pizza dough
- 1-2 teaspoons per pizza Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon per pizza Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness. I roll mine out to about 1/4" thick.
- Use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut hearts out of the dough. Move each heart to a baking sheet as you cut. Continue to ball, re-roll and cut hearts out of the dough until it is all used up.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the pizza sauce over the hearts.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce. Add any other toppings you want.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the dough is lightly browned on the edges and the cheese melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately. If you have any leftovers, these re-heat great in a toaster oven!
This article may contain affiliate links. No tags