This heart shape pizza recipe shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
Make mini heart shape pizza with your kids this Valentine's Day with this easy pizza recipe. Just top homemade pizza dough with LaRomanella pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese for a fun, easy Valentine's Day recipe for kids.
Every February I start to see ads for heart shape pizza available at your favorite pizza place on Valentine's Day. And every year I know that if I just put a little bit of thought in to it, I could make one at home with my kids and they'd love it.
But I was never brave enough to chance making a heart shape out of pizza dough. That is just asking for all kinds of trouble! Then at Christmas I saw tree shaped pizzas made with cookie cutters and the light bulb went off! That was how I could make a fun Valentine's Day recipe with the kids.
Easy Heart Shape Pizza Recipe
The ingredients for these pizzas is pretty basic – pizza dough, pizza sauce and cheese. You can add any toppings you want, of course, but my kids are super boring and only like cheese on their pizzas. I made the pizza dough from scratch, but you can use any store bought dough you like. I picked up the pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese at Smart & Final.
I picked out the heart shaped cookie cutters from my box of 100 cookie cutters. I received the set of cookie cutters a as a shower gift over 10 years ago and I still love it! I haven't bought a cookie cutter since. You can make these mini pizzas in any shape you want and for any occasion. Just pick out a fun new shaped cookie cutter. I found that the smooth shaped heart worked best with the pizza dough.
Roll out the pizza dough and cut out the hearts. The pizza dough doesn't act like cookie dough. It's much stretchier and it pulls back after you cut it. It just took a little getting used to, but it worked great.
Once you have your hearts cut out, top with the pizza sauce. You don't need much sauce – about a teaspoon or two.
Then top with shredded mozzarella cheese and any toppings you like. Pop in the oven and let them bake.
My kids declared me the “best cooker” EVER for making these mini heart shape pizzas. They seriously thought I was just the cleverest mother ever to have “invented” these. If only they knew! Spend some time making this fun and easy Valentine's Day recipe with your kids and enjoy mini heart shape pizzas for dinner.
Easy Heart Shape Pizza Recipe
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough or any store bought dough
- 1-2 teaspoons per pizza LaRomanella Pizza Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon per pizza First Street Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness. I roll mine out to about 1/4" thick.
- Use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut hearts out of the dough. Move each heart to a baking sheet as you cut. Continue to ball, re-roll and cut hearts out of the dough until it is all used up.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the pizza sauce over the hearts.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce. Add any other toppings you want.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the dough is lightly browned on the edges and the cheese melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately. If you have any leftovers, these re-heat great in a toaster oven!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 675kcal Calories from fat 109|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.