10 fun hotels for family vacation that will make you skip the chain hotels on your next family vacation.
There are so many fun hotels and motels to discover all over the United States. You can live in a treehouse, sleep in a giant beagle, or head west and stay on a historical ocean liner. No matter where you go, look for fun places for your family stay. Hopefully these 10 hotels will give you some ideas for your next family vacation.
10 Fun Hotels for Family Vacation
1. Dog Bark Park Inn, Cottonwood, ID: Dog lovers will rejoice when they check into this giant beagle shaped, themed motel in Idaho. The one bedroom suite sits inside the beagle’s belly and there is a loft in the snout of the dog. Some family-friendly unique stays stand out more than others. All the rooms have books and toys geared towards animal lovers and breakfast is included. You can bring your dog for a small fee too.
2. Red Caboose Motel, Ronks, PA: You don’t have to get on a train to experience how cool it is to stay in a themed train car. Each “room” offers a flat screen TV, refrigerator and so much more. This is definitely a unique motel and shouldn’t be missed when you are in Pennsylvania. The Red Caboose Motel also offers entertainment that is picked for each season, such as buggy rides by the Amish, and a fun petting zoo.
3. Out ‘n About Tree Resort, Cave Junction, OR: Here in the beautiful state of Oregon, you and your family can stay in a glorious treehouse right next to the Siskiyou National Forest. Each treehouse has its own theme. They range in height from 10 to 45 feet high. The “Swiss Family Complex” is unique and an adventure for anyone who loves the great outdoors. The resort also offers ziplining, hiking, and a nearby stable for horseback riding.
4. S.S. City of Milwaukee Boatel, Manistee, MI: This preserved Lake Michigan car ferry is docked in Manistee, Michigan. It opens as a motel during the summer months. The boatel is a bed and breakfast that offers rooms for families. You can also take a tour of the ferry. If you want to check out a working car ferry, head to Ludington and take a cruise on the S. S. Badger.
5. Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA: This is a lovely place to visit and enjoy this ship in all its glory. The Queen Mary was best known as one of the most luxurious ocean liner in the 30’s. There are over 340 special rooms and they are all unique in decor. This is a great stay for families going on a cruise as the Queen Mary is right next to the Long Beach cruise terminal.
6. The Roxbury, Contemporary Catskill Lodging, Roxbury, NY: The Roxbury has a variety of rooms, cottages and other accommodations that are each uniquely decorated. Rooms include a coconut cream pie, a stone age theme and even the emerald city. Check out The Diggs Cottages for a super hero themed cottage, too!
7. Magic Castle Hotel, Hollywood, CA: These Hollywood apartments turned hotel rooms are large and spacious. Many of the suites have full kitchens and even living rooms. The hotel as a classic outdoor California heated pool and offers super fun amenities for families like a popsicle hotline and free unlimited snacks available 24 hours day. The Magic Castle Hotels in only 7 minutes from Universal Studios, too.
8. Ruby’s Inn Campground and RV Park, Bryce Canyon National Park: It’s not a hotel, but if you can grab some sleeping bags and air mattresses and stay in a tipi at Ruby’s. These are huge tents that will easily sleep 8 people. You can choose to camp and cook outside, or eat at the restaurant near by. The bathrooms at Ruby’s are plentiful and clean and not far from the tee pees. The resort also has a pool and it’s right at the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park.
9. Black Hawk Motel, Wisconsin Dells: If you need a place to stay in the Dells, check out Black Hawk. This little retro motor lodge offers an indoor and outdoor pool as well as a kiddy pool. It has a playground and park for the kids. Plus your stay here comes with entrance to a famous Wisconsin Dells waterpark and a local big cat rescue.
10. Star Lux Hotels and Suites, the Jersey Shore: This budget friendly motel is located right on the Jersey Shore. It offers family friendly rooms and suites. Guests have access to beach cruisers, boogie boards and more. If the beach isn’t your thing, the Star Lux also offers a pool with a kiddy pool. For larger groups, the Star Lux has an apartment available to rent.
Leave a Reply