I love helping my kids make their Dad feel super on Fathers Day! I am thrilled to have this opportunity to share this insider news about the Man of Steel movie premier, opening Fathers Day weekend, as part of this sponsored campaign from Warner Bros.
Fathers Day is the perfect time to make dad feel super! Why not spend the entire weekend celebrating the awesome dads in your life? Here are my Top 5 ideas to kick off a weekend long Fathers Day celebration!
1. Take Super Dad to Walmart to pick up special Man of Steel tickets!
A brand new Superman movie, Man of Steel, premiers this Fathers Day weekend. For the first time ever, you get a chance to see the movie early, on Thursday June 13 at 7:00 PM, by purchasing special tickets in the electronics department at your local Walmart! While you are there, let Dad throw a few things in the cart that he wants. I do this with my husband for special celebrations and he loves putting treats he loves in the cart.
2. Make SuperDad a Super Fathers Day Card
We don't do store bought cards – we like to make our own. My kids love spending time with the craft bin making Daddy a special card. I picked up a few Superman stickers as a hint of our Fathers Day weekend theme – SuperDad!
3. Make SuperDad his favorite meal before heading out to the movies!
Why not plan a fun super dinner before heading out to see Man of Steel. Pick Dad's favorite meal and enlist the kids in helping to make it. Our dad loves coney dogs with ranch potatoes, which is a quick and easy meal to get together before movie night. I have a whole list of Fathers Day Recipes, too!
4. Make Superman Cupcakes
Ok, this one is really for the kids. My kids love to bake so I enlisted their help in making Superman cupcakes for daddy and they loved it! Dad also enjoyed his little sweet treat. The recipe is below.
5. Get a Sitter and Have a Movie Date Night
My husband loves going out to the movies, but we don't get a chance to go often. Man of Steel is rated PG-13 so it's probably not appropriate for our little kids. This is the perfect chance to spend a little one on one time with your husband and thank him for being such an amazing father to your kids. Make sure the kids know they'll get their chance to celebrate with Dad later in the weekend.
Purchase tickets to the exclusive pre-screening of Man of Steel [PG-13] on June 13th, 2013 at 7 PM at your local Walmart! Tickets can be purchased in the Electronics Department and include an exclusive digital comic book written by David S. Goyer, author of “Man of Steel,” as well as an exclusive opportunity to pre-order an HD digital download or Blu-Ray copy of the film.
- Go to your local Walmart
- Visit the electronics department
- Purchase your EXCLUSIVE Man of Steel prescreening tickets (available in 2D or 3D)
- Take your family to the theater location noted on your ticket and watch the EXCLUSIVE 7 p.m. premiere of Man of Steel on June 13th!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Warner Bros.
- 1 box white cake mix
- Red and blue food dye
- Red and blue sprinkles
- Superman cupcake toppers
- White frosting
- Paper cupcake liners
- Make cake batter according to box instructions. Divide batter in to two separate bowls. Dye one half of the batter red and the other half blue
- Put paper liners in to muffin/cupcake pans. Fill each cupcake tin with half blue and half red batter so that each tin is ? full.
- Bake according to box instructions. Allow to cool.
- Frost with your favorite frosting, add sprinkles and cupcake toppers.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 93kcal Calories from fat 21|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.