Easy Summer Peach Cake is made easy with a box cake and gelatin, topped with a cream cheese frosting. Serve with a side of homemade peach ice cream for the perfect summer dessert for barbecue season!
If you enjoy baking summer treats, then this cake is for you. Fresh fruits are in abundance during the summer. They are perfect in pies and cakes. Peaches are an enduring summer fruit. You can use them to make homemade peach ice cream or an easy Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler. And they are perfect in this summery peach cake recipe.
This is an incredibly easy cake to make, since it’s “semi-homemade.” Which is what makes it so perfect for summer. You get a delicious cake without spending too much time sweating in the kitchen!
You will need a box cake mix, plus some peach gelatin to give it flavor. Intensify that peach flavor by using a second box of gelatin.
The best thing about this cake, though, is all the chunks of peaches. They add a lot of moisture, plus there’s just something about the different texture fruit can give to a cake.
Easy Summer Peach Cake
To make the peach cake you will need:
- White cake mix
- Instant peach gelatin
- Butter, melted
- Fresh or canned diced peaches
If you only have cake mix, butter and canned peaches check out our Easy 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix ! It’s so easy and delicious to make.
The cake is baked in a 9 x 13 baking pan. You could also make it into 2, 8″ rounds and stack them on top of each other.
How much exactly is 2 diced peaches? About a cup of peaches. If you use canned peaches, make sure to drain them first so they don’t add any extra liquid to the cake batter.
The cake is topped with a basic cream cheese frosting flavored with peach juice or gelatin. To make the peach cream cheese frosting you will need:
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Butter, room temperature
- White sugar
- Peach juice, peach liquor or instant peach gelatin
You may notice that it is made with white sugar instead of powdered sugar. You can pulse it in a food processor if you want, but honestly, it’s fine as is.
As you’re mixing and tasting, the frosting will seem a little grainy. After it sits for a bit, though, the sugar dissolves and it’s just like a regular frosting. The butter is optional, but it gives it a nice, thick texture. It still tastes wonderful without the butter, though, and you can omit it.
This cake is wonderful. It has a light taste and it’s so fluffy and moist. People won’t believe it’s not homemade. 😉
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz) package instant peach gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2-3 peaches, peeled and diced or a can of diced peaches
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 Tablespoons peach juice, peach liquor or 1 (3.5 oz) instant peach gelatin
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the white cake mix and peach gelatin.
- With a hand mixer, blend in the milk and then each egg.
- Add the melted butter and blend until well-combined.
- Fold in the diced peaches.
- Pour the batter into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the dish. While the cake is cooling, let your cream cheese and butter soften on the counter.
- Once they've reached room temperature, blend the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the sugar, blend until well-combined.
- If you want to add more peach flavor, you can add peach juice, peach liquor, or another package of gelatin to the frosting.
- Once the cake is cool to the touch, spread the frosting over it.
- Serve and enjoy!