Easy Summer Peach Cake is made easy with a box cake and gelatin, topped with a cream cheese frosting. Serve with a side of homemade peach ice cream for the perfect summer dessert for barbecue season!
Hello again from Budget Girl! 🙂
Now that March is nearly over, it's warming up a lot here in Georgia. I've opened the windows (which my cats are loving, by the way) and I'm implementing more slow cooker meals into my routine, because who wants to cook on a hot day?
That said, I do enjoy baking summer treats. Fresh fruits are in abundance and perfect in pies and cakes. Lately I've been loving peaches, so I decided to try my hand at a nice peach cake!
This is an incredibly easy cake to make, since it's “semi-homemade.” Which is what makes it so perfect for summer. You get a delicious cake without spending too much time sweating in the kitchen!
I used a box cake mix, added peach gelatin to give it flavor (I like a lot of flavor so I would actually consider adding a second box of gelatin).
My favorite thing about it, though, is all the chunks of peaches. They add a lot of moisture, plus there's just something I love about the different texture fruit can give to a cake.
For the frosting, I use my own basic cream cheese recipe. I rarely have powdered sugar around and I hate running to the store, so I use regular granulated sugar.
You can pulse it in a food processor if you want, but honestly, it's fine as is. As you're mixing and tasting, the frosting will seem a little grainy. After it sits for a bit, though, the sugar dissolves and it's just like a regular frosting.
What I love about the frosting, though, is that it's not too sweet. I went into this a bit with my sugar cookie cake, actually. I'm not a fan of most cream cheese frostings (especially canned ones) because they have way too much sugar. I like to be able to taste the cream cheese.
This is perfect! It basically tastes like lightly sweetened cream cheese. Almost like a cheese cake. 🙂 It's my favorite frosting, I use it on everything. The butter is optional, but I think it gives it a nice, thick texture. It still tastes wonderful without the butter, though, and I frequently omit it.
This cake is wonderful. It has a light taste and it's so fluffy and moist. People won't believe it's not homemade. 😉
Remember to share and comment!!
Easy Summer Peach Cake
Easy Summer Peach Cake is made easy with a box cake and gelatin, topped with a cream cheese frosting. The perfect summer dessert for barbecue season!
For the cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3.5 oz) package instant peach gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2-3 peaches, peeled and diced (you can also used canned)
For the frosting
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tbsps butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 tbsps peach juice, peach liquor, or 1 (3.5) oz instant peach gelatin (both optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the white cake mix and peach gelatin. With a hand mixer, blend in the milk and then each egg. Add the melted butter and blend until well-combined. Fold in the diced peaches.
- Pour the batter into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the dish. While the cake is cooling, let your cream cheese and butter soften on the counter.
- Once they've reached room temperature, blend the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the sugar, blend until well-combined.
- If you want to add more peach flavor, you can add peach juice, peach liquor, or another package of gelatin to the frosting.
- Once the cake is cool to the touch, spread the frosting over it.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 396kcal Calories from fat 200|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|