Guacamole is quick and easy to make with avocado, lemon or lime, cilantro, garlic and salt.
I have always loved avocados but in the last few months, they have become a staple on our menu. I eat them pretty much every chance I get. I also really love guacamole, but the recipe I was using was complicated and called for a list of ingredients, including sour cream. I knew there had to be a simpler way.
So I asked my resident Mexican food expert, Jacqui, how she makes guacamole. She told me avocado, lime, and cilantro plus salt and garlic if I wanted. Well, that sounded easy enough. Except I only had lemons on hand and no cilantro.
Then I discovered freeze dried cilantro at the grocery store and it has changed my life. Now I can make all those Mexican recipes I love but never make because I never have fresh cilantro. I love this stuff!
The first dozen times I made this guacamole, I just used a fork and mashed it all together. But then I realized that my Tupperware Quick Chef Pro would probably do a good job of getting a smooth guacamole with a few chunks – just the way I like it! I love my Quick Chef Pro! It’s basically a manual food processor that takes up way less space than my electric one and works just as well.
I was right! Just a few turns of the handle and I had the perfect consistency for dipping.
The recipe is all about personalization. I use about 3 avocados to feed my husband and I and I use 1 avocado if it’s just me. Adjust the lemon juice, cilantro, salt, and garlic to your liking!
- 1-3 avocados
- Lemon or lime juice, preferably fresh
- Garlic powder or granules
- Slice open your avocados and scoop out the pit. Scoop the inside of the avocado in to a bowl or the bowl of the Quick Chef Pro fitted with the blade.
- Add juice and spices to taste. Start with a little and add more as you go.
- Mash the avocado or turn the Quick Chef Pro handle a few times to get the desired consistency.
- Add water if you want to thin out the guacamole and have less chunks.
- Serve immediately. The guacamole will turn brown over time.