Cook your favorite steaks in the air fryer ready in under 15 minutes for a perfectly seasoned and juicy steak dinner.
Steaks in the air fryer? It’s not crazy! But trust us, your family will be begging you to make steaks in the air fryer again after they’ve had these delicious steaks. These air fryer steaks are especially great for a romantic dinner for two or a quick lunch for one!
Pair your air fryer steak with air fryer asparagus bacon bundles and some potatoes for a quick and easy meal.
Serve air fryer steaks with a side of air fryer asparagus and slow cooker potatoes!
Easy Air Fryer Steaks
Air Fryer Steak Ingredients:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Steaks (any kind we used ribeyes but sirloin would work great)
- Natures seasoning (or salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Use a paper towel to pat your steaks dry. You want to remove moisture so the steaks will fry better.
In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle it over both sides of the steak.
Once the air fryer is ready, place the steaks in the air fryer basket. Cook the steaks at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes, flipping at the 4-minute mark. This will cook the steaks to medium-medium rare.
You may want to take your steak out earlier, depending on how well done you prefer your meat and how thick the steaks are. These steaks were 1 pound total between the two of them and were medium/medium-rare when finished cooking.
Now for the best part of these steaks – the seasoned butter! While your steaks are cooking, mix together the remaining spices (salt, garlic, and pepper) with the butter in a small bowl. Set aside. You can also prepare this butter ahead of time.
Once the steaks are done, place them on a tray or serving platter. Put a pat of butter on top of each steak.
Tent the steak platter with foil for 10 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!
What kind of steaks can be cooked in the air fryer?
- You can use any steaks you prefer. These steaks are ribeyes that were about 1 pound total between the two steaks. If you use thinner steaks, adjust the cooking time down a bit.
Can I change the steak seasoning?
- Yes! Feel free to use your favorite steak seasoning on your steaks.
I’m in a hurry! Do I have to tent the steaks?
- No! You don’t have to tent the steaks, but it helps keep them juicy. We do suggest letting them rest after cooking with or without foil.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 steaks, about 1 lb total weight
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon natures seasoning or ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Pat your steaks dry.
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle it over both sides of the steak.
- Place the steaks in the air fryer basket at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes, flipping at the 4-minute mark. You may want to take your steak out earlier, depending on how well done you prefer your meat.
- While the steaks are cooking, combine butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Once done cooking, remove steaks to a large platter.
- Top each steak with a pat of butter.
- Tent foil over the platter and let sit for 10 minutes.