Here is another delicious and easy curry dish! I use a sweet curry so that the dish is flavorful, but not spicy. Use whatever kind of curry is your favorite. Feel free to add in raisins or any other dried fruit, nuts, peppers — be creative! I serve curry over rice, but noodles will work as well. The gravy in this recipe is delicious so just make sure to have something to eat it with!
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 3-4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 Tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add chicken and brown evenly on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add more oil if necessary and then add onions, garlic and mushrooms to pan. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, curry and salt to vegetables and stir to coat.
- Stir in chicken broth and apples, scraping bottom of pan to remove any food that has cooked on. Raise to heat to bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back to pan. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes, turning chicken half-way through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Whisk flour in to coconut milk and then add mixture to the pan, whisking to incorporate. Cook until mixture is bubbling and thickens.
- Serve chicken with rice and cover with sauce.
This article may contain affiliate links.