Cream puffs are one of those things that you put off making because you think they are going to be a lot of work. At least, that was me. I kept perusing different recipes, which are basically all exactly the same, and realized that maybe they really are not that much work. I decided to take the the plunge and make them for a baby shower I was hosting. Yup, these are super easy. Easier than making cookies, if you ask me!
I made the puffs a week before the shower and froze them. I’m definitely keeping a batch of these in my freezer at all times now. And I can’t wait to play around with the cream inside! I’m thinking that all they needed was a little chocolate ganache for the top.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- In a medium pot bring to boil the butter and water.
- Turn off heat and add flour and vanilla.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Allow dough to cool (you don't want to cook the eggs!).
- Stir in eggs, one at a time until completely incorporated.
- Drop by the Tablespoon on to cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (watch them so they don't burn).
- For the cream: Use whipped cream, pudding or any combination you like!
This post is linked to Project Inspire, Get Outta My Head Please, Skip To My Lou, Flour Me With Love, Mamal Diane, Coping with Frugality, The Blackberry Vine, Krafty Kat, Kathe with an E, Our 4 Kiddos, The NY Melrose Family, Uncommon Designs Online, In The Old Road, Dj’s Sugar Shack, Savvy Southern Style, This article may contain affiliate links.