Make more space on the holiday table by combining two favorite side dishes – cranberries and Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls.
I have been intrigued by cranberries during the holiday season for a few years. I see these big bags of fresh cranberries at the grocery store and I think there must be something fun I can make with them. Well, this year I finally got around to picking up a bag and seeing what I could make with it. This cranberry crescent roll recipe was a result of just that! I love that I basically put two side dishes in to one to make more space on the table.
I picked up my cranberry extravaganza ingredients, including Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, at my local Albertsons store. They had everything I needed to make a few cranberry inspired recipes for Thanksgiving. I started by making a batch of homemade cranberry sauce, which was super easy.
After finishing a Cranberry Brie recipe, I had a few leftover crescent rolls as well as some extra cranberry sauce. I decided to roll some of the cranberry sauce in the crescent rolls and see what happened. Oh my goodness! Absolute deliciousness is what happened. These cranberry crescent rolls are good hot out of the oven or served room temperature a few days later.
These crescent rolls would be amazing on the Thanksgiving or Christmas menu. But they are sweet enough for a breakfast treat as well. They are perfect for using up any leftover cranberries. I used my homemade sauce, but canned would work just fine, too.
Make sure to check out my Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars for another delicious way to us Pillsbury Crescent dough this holiday season!
Cranberry Crescent Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Homemade cranberry sauce or canned cranberry sauce
- 1 egg, whipped
- Preheat oven according to directions on the package of crescent rolls.
- Separate crescent rolls in to individual rolls.
- Use a spoon to put about a 1/2 Tablespoon of cranberry sauce on the thickest portion of the crescent rolls.
- Carefully roll the crescent roll over the cranberry sauce and in to a crescent shape.
- Brush the tops of each crescent roll with the egg wash.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1433kcal Calories from fat 514|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 57g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.