I like my waffles crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and my favorite waffle recipe produces just those kind of waffles! But when your 5 year old asks for waffles for breakfast and you have leftover cottage cheese in the fridge… you have to improvise.
I made these waffles using a different recipe a few years ago and was not a fan. These are not crispy outside/soft inside waffles, but this time around I really liked them. Plus I got a lot of protein in to my kids! I think next time I’ll try using coconut flour and see what happens.
This recipe doesn’t make much. I’d say 6 small waffles at the most. Now that I know we like it, I’ll double the batch but for the first time around, I didn’t want to chance using up too many high quality eggs!
Cottage Cheese Waffles
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat waffle maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Put eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a blender and blend to combine.
- Add cottage cheese to blend and blend until smooth.
- Add flour, salt and sugar and blend until combined.
- Cook waffles according to waffle makers instructions.
Leave a Reply