We eat chocolate chip pancakes at least once a week for breakfast. My kids would gladly eat them every single morning, if I let them. The other morning I decided to try a new waffle recipe out and while I was at it, I threw in a handful or two of mini chocolate chips. I was a little worried that the chocolate would melt all over my waffle maker, but they didn't! So now, we can have chocolate chip waffles much to the delight of my children.
Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 melted palm shortening
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a small, bowl beat together eggs and milk.
- Mix together egg/milk mixture with flour mixture.
- Add melted fats and beat until blended.
- Bake waffles according to waffle make directions until golden and crisp.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 318kcal Calories from fat 126|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This post is linked to these awesome blogs!This article may contain affiliate links.