There aren't two flavors I can think of that go better together than chocolate and peanut butter. My peanut butter chocolate chip pie is definitely one of my all time favorite desserts. But this time around I wanted something a little sturdier. I scoured my Pinterest “Recipes to Make” board and found this pretty lady just begging to be made.
Take note — this is a PIE. Treat it like a PIE. You will not be able to take it out and eat with your fingers like a cookie. You definitely need a plate and a fork, but oh my is it worth it!
Trust the process on this recipe and resist the urge to let it over bake OR dump it out of the pan too early. Take it out just when it's about set and let it sit for the rest of the day before eating it. The pie goes perfectly with a cup of chai tea or cardamom coffee.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in egg and beat to combine.
- Add in flour mixture and stir on low just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in to a 10" baking dish.
- Bake just until sides are set and the pie is lightly browned and puffy. The middle will still be quite soft. (Trust the process!) This took around 10-14 minutes in a toaster oven and probably 18-20 in a big oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then run a sharp knife around the edges.
- Allow pie to completely cool, about 4 hours, before inverting on a serving plate or cutting to eat.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1094kcal Calories from fat 574|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 64g||98%|
|Saturated Fat 36g||180%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|