There aren’t two flavors I can think of that go better together than chocolate and peanut butter. My peanut butter chocolate chip pie is definitely one of my all time favorite desserts. But this time around I wanted something a little sturdier. I scoured my Pinterest “Recipes to Make” board and found this pretty lady just begging to be made.
Take note — this is a PIE. Treat it like a PIE. You will not be able to take it out and eat with your fingers like a cookie. You definitely need a plate and a fork, but oh my is it worth it!
Trust the process on this recipe and resist the urge to let it over bake OR dump it out of the pan too early. Take it out just when it’s about set and let it sit for the rest of the day before eating it. The pie goes perfectly with a cup of chai tea or cardamom coffee.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in egg and beat to combine.
- Add in flour mixture and stir on low just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in to a 10" baking dish.
- Bake just until sides are set and the pie is lightly browned and puffy. The middle will still be quite soft. (Trust the process!) This took around 10-14 minutes in a toaster oven and probably 18-20 in a big oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then run a sharp knife around the edges.
- Allow pie to completely cool, about 4 hours, before inverting on a serving plate or cutting to eat.
Adapted from Susannah’s Kitchen
Linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday at Mama Chocolate, Kids in the Kitchen, Try A New Recipe Tuesday
Wendys Hat says
Yum! Sounds delicious!
This looks great. I have never liked cake so I always had a cookie cake for my bday as a kid. Thanks for sharing with Delicious Dish Tuesday.
Full Time Mama says
LOVE THIS! I love chocolate and peanut butter! 🙂
Thanks for sharing with Delicious Dish Tuesday!
Mom Photographer says
such an awesome idea!
Visiting from Delicious Dish Tuesday! This looks amazing! I love that it only uses brown sugar too. I’ve pinned it for the not-so-distant future 🙂
I’d love it if you came and linked this up at my Tiny Tip Tuesday!
OMG – with a nice dollup of ice cream on top…YUM!
Carrie- young living oil lady says
Yum! I have never made a cookie pie… my boys will probably want to “fill” it with something. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Kids in the Kitchen. We hope to see you again next Tuesday. Blessings to you and have a great week 🙂
This just sounds too good! My guy will love it. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Coming over to visit from Kids in the Kitchen. This looks great! I, too, am a homeschooling mom. It is nice to “meet” you! 🙂 Feel free to come over and link this up with my “Try a New Recipe Tuesday.” I’d love to have you join us! 🙂
Many blessings, Lisa