Classic chicken piccata is easy to make for hosting a dinner party or a family meal at home.
Chicken piccata sounds like a super fancy and fussy recipe to make for a weeknight dinner. But it’s not! You simply pan fry a couple of flattened chicken breasts and then make a quick sauce. It couldn’t be easier to make a delicious dinner.
Chicken Piccata with Lemons and Capers
Chicken piccata is made by frying up flattened chicken breasts in your favorite oil. You can use olive oil or coconut oil.
Hojiblanca extra virgin olive oil has a lighter flavor and body compared to regular extra virgin olive oil. Sometimes the flavor of olive oil can overwhelm other flavors in a dish and the Hojiblanca definitely does not overwhelm in the chicken piccata.
One of the best parts of this dish is the capers. The recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of capers, but feel free to put in 1/4 cup or more of capers. You can use bottled or fresh lemon juice for the sauce. Serve the chicken over pasta or rice and enjoy the delicious sauce!
Chicken Piccata with Lemon and Capers
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Star Hojiblanca Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh preferred
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Whisk together salt, pepper, and flour in a shallow dish.
- Coat each chicken breast in the flour and set it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in the frying pan and cook on one side for 2 minutes. Use tongs to flip the chicken over. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and keep warm. Drain the fat from the frying pan.
- Add the wine and garlic to the frying pan and whisk to deglaze, getting up all the bits and pieces from the chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add broth, capers, and lemon juice to the frying pan. Return chicken to the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Add butter and lemon slices to the frying pan. Once the butter has melted, stir the sauce and pour over the chicken on the platter.
Deborah Gullett says
I have only used capers in Pasta Puttanesca. I love them too and I need to try this!
They are my fave!!
skype login says
i like CHICKEN PICCATA WITH LEMON AND CAPERS
hotmail login says
1/2 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken broth
Lori Pace says
I am so coming to your house for dinner! Thank you! #Client
Thank you, Camille, for the nice recipe. Have a great week!
You too, Liz!
Chelsea Day says
Great recipe. I have never cooked with capers before but this recipe makes me want to try them. Thanks for sharing.
And, extra virgin olive oil helps you to lower your cholesterol!
One of my favorite chicken dishes is chicken with lemon and capers! Yum!
That recipe looks delicious. I love cooking with EVOO!
I have never tried anything with capers but this looks delicious!
I pinned this recipe. It looks amazing. You take terrific foodie photos too. Nice job!