These mini-care packages, perfect for cold and flu season, are made with cherry oatmeal muffins, homemade lip balm, and Kleenex® Brand products and are part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #KleenexCare.
We are just about to head in to major cold and flu season. There’s nothing worse than getting sick! But wouldn’t it be fun to receive a mini-care package when you aren’t feeling well? I made up some mini-care packages to get ready to show kindness and care during cold and flu season.
Sharing a Kleenex is an easy way to show you care. The “Share the Kleenex Care” movement is encouraging people to use Kleenex softness as a catalyst for showing kindness and care. Getting sick is never fun and who wouldn’t love to get a mini-care package to help ease the misery of a cold. And these care packages are so easy to put together that you’ll love giving them out as much as people love receiving them.
Kleenex offers several different smaller packages that are perfect for mini-care packages. They have slimline packages that fit in a pocket and even a little box made for the car. I opted to use a travel size package in a nice yellow hoping it would brighten the recipients day.
Every care package needs some food. My go to food for cold and flu season is soup, but that’s not very portable. Instead, I went with hearty muffins. These cherry oatmeal muffins are made with whole wheat flour to make them extra healthy. The muffins are also super quick to make. I actually made this batch in the middle of getting the kids ready for school in the morning. They freeze well so you can make a batch and have them ready to go in the freezer whenever you need to make up a mini-care package. I’ve included the recipe below!
Last, I added in a homemade lip balm. My lips get incredibly chapped when I have a cold and these little balms fit perfectly in to my container. We make the lip balm every Christmas for gifts and I always make extras to keep on hand to give out later in the year. You could also add in cough drops, tea, and other items to help show a little care for your recipient. Join the “Share the Kleenex Care Movement” this cold and flu season by passing on Kleenex tissues!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup instant oatmeal (or quick cooking)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cherries. Set aside.
- Whisk an egg slightly in a medium bowl. Add brown sugar, then oil and then molasses. If you add the ingredients in that order, you can use the same measuring cup and the oil will help the molasses slide right out. Add milk and whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just mixed.
- Spoon batter in to a prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until muffins spring back to the touch.