- A candy cane wreath form
- Red fabric
- White fabric
How to Make a Candy Cane Wreath
- 1.5 yards white cotton fabric
- 1.5 yards red cotton fabric
- Candy cane wreath form
- Floral pick
- Ruler or tape measure
- Cut strips of red and white fabric 1" wide x 7" long.
- Beginning at the bottom of the candy cane, tie red strips along the bottom, the part parallel to the floor. Begin to tie red strips vertically or up the form.
- Tie 6 rows of one color then switch to the next color, alternating as you go.
- If you want the strips angled, begin adding 1 red, 3 red, 6 red and 10 red on each of the vertical form wires. Once that angle is established, add 6 white strips to each vertical column.
- Continue with this count of 6 color per vertical column, alternating colors.
- You only need to knot the strip once, a double knot is not necessary.
- Continue until the form is completely covered, making sure all of the tails or loose ends of the strips are on the front of the form.
- Add the floral pick if desired and hang.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.