This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell Soup Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
Cheesy broccoli chicken braid is an easy dinner to make in under 30 minutes!
When I first had kids, I was diligent about menu planning. Every Friday I’d make out a menu and go shopping for the week. I loved how easy it made my life, but I absolutely hated making a menu. It took forever because I just couldn’t think of what to plan. A decade later and while I still prefer a menu, more often than not, I don’t have one planned. That’s why I love this broccoli chicken braid recipe! It’s quick, easy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. Campbell’s new products are perfect for menu slackers like me. I always have chicken, broccoli and rice on hand and the new oven sauce makes getting dinner ready easy. Just add the sauce, bake and dinner is ready. But it’s always nice to have a few different options to use the sauce. I love chicken braids, but not all the ingredients required to make one. So I skipped the list and used just 4 ingredients instead – Campbell’s Oven Sauce, crescent roll dough, cooked chicken, and broccoli. Chicken braids are perfect for using up leftover cooked chicken. Just add frozen broccoli that’s been thawed and the Campbell’s oven sauce for a delicious filling. Plus because it has protein and a green veggie, I didn’t have to worry about making anything else. I started with 1/2 cup of the Campbell’s sauce and kept adding until I felt there was enough cheese but not too much. I probably ended up using about 2/3 cup of the sauce. Cut up strips in a sheet of crescent dough and then carefully put the chicken mixture in the center of the dough. I thought I knew what I was doing to make the braid, but not really. I just pressed the strips diagonal back and forth. I didn’t really get a “braid” but it still worked. Delicious! The bottom was a tad soggy in the middle because the dough was thinner there, but nothing a fork couldn’t handle. Pack up slices of a broccoli chicken braid for a great dinner on the road at the after school activities. You will have extra oven sauce leftover, which I used on some leftover broccoli.
Make sure to follow @Campbells for more delicious Campbell recipes!
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 - 2/3 cups Campbells Oven Ready Sauce
- 1 tube crescent roll dough in sheet form
- Stir together chicken, broccoli and oven sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out the sheet of crescent dough on to a baking sheet. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut 1" strips.
- Carefully spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the dough.
- Gently lay each dough strip across the chicken mixture diagonally and press in to the dough on the other side.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
This article may contain affiliate links.