Today is my birthday so I thought I'd post a sweet treat for tailgating. These are the perfect take anywhere, blow everyone's socks off dessert. I took them to a Labor Day picnic and they very quickly disappeared. As an added bonus, these are made with 100% whole wheat flour! That's my kind of brownie.
The original recipe says to bake for 20-25 minutes, but mine were overdone at 15. So I put 8 minutes — just keep checking. These are very “thin” in the cups, but they are very rich so it really is the perfect size.
Whole Wheat Brownie and Peanut Butter Cups
A healthier brownie cupcake with a peanut butter filling.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup sucanat or sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, sucanat/sugar, and cocoa.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Thoroughly mix in flour until batter is smooth.
- Scoop batter in to 24 paper lined muffin tins, filling each one about 1/3 full (about 1 1/2 teaspoons of batter).
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture in to center of each brownie cup.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until set.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 175kcal Calories from fat 101|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|