Make this easy basic pizza dough recipe for homemade pizzas that are the best pizza in town.
We love homemade pizza! In fact, homemade pizza shows up at least once a week on our menu. Over the years I've accumulated quite a number of pizza dough recipes. This recipe is the first one we ever used and is still our go-to pizza dough recipe.
You can use this dough right away or let it sit for up to two hours. The longer it sits, the thicker and more bread-like the dough becomes. This dough also freezes really well. Just wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in a freezer storage bag.
We use this pizza dough to make all of our homemade pizzas!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil (I like olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups all purpose flour (you can substitute some whole wheat)
- In a bowl, mix yeast, sugar, and water.
- Add in olive oil, salt and 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Mix to combine.
- Keeping adding flour by 1/4 cups until the dough is smooth and tacky, but not too sticky. Bread dough should almost always have a little annoying stick to it.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes, or covered, up to 2 hours.
For a thinner crispier dough, let dough rest for 5 minutes.
For a thicker more bread like dough, let the dough rest longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3694 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 30g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2173mg Carbohydrates: 721g Fiber: 27g Sugar: 7g Protein: 98g
This article may contain affiliate links.