Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month with a gourmet grilled cheese recipe made with Chipotle and bacon pimento cheese sandwiched between two grilled slices of our sponsor Sara Lee®’s Artesano™ Bread.
A grilled cheese sandwich is a favorite comfort food for many people and April is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month. It’s a great excuse to make a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich recipe. The two most important parts of a truly delicious grilled cheese sandwich are the bread and the cheese and I have the best of both in this grilled cheese sandwich recipe.
Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches. The bread is free of artificial flavors, colors and high fructose corn syrup. Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread is nice and soft like homemade bread, but it’s found in the grocery bread aisle of Walmart and most local grocery stores. Grab a loaf or two for an entire month of grilled cheese sandwich making.
For the perfect bread, you also need the perfect cheese. I used my favorite pimento cheese recipe with spicy Chipotle peppers and salty bacon to create an unbelievable grilled cheese sandwich. Just slather the pimento cheese between two slices of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread and fry in a little butter.
Grill until both sides of the bread are a rich, golden brown and the pimento cheese is warm and oozing from the sides of the bread. Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread is strong and hearty enough to stay together even with a lot of gooey warm pimento cheese spread. Look at that gorgeous crust!
Slice the sandwich and serve immediately while the cheese is still warm!
- Bacon and Chipotle Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 slices Sara Lee Artesano Bread
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down, in the pan.
- Scoop pimento cheese spread on to the bread and place second slice of bread, butter side up on top of the cheese.
- Grill until both slices of bread are toasted and cheese is warm and oozing. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread.