I love chopped salad, but usually I serve it with more of an Italian feel with pepperoncini and pepperoni. This salad is a great way to incorporate all the tastes of autumn into a filling and delicious salad.
I added fried chicken pieces to our salad because I like protein in our meals. You could also use turkey or even an sliced hard boiled egg. You can use store bought dressing, but making your own poppy seed dressing only takes a minute!
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 handful dried cherries (or cranberries)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4-6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Grilled, fried, shredded chicken (optional)
- Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to combine.