Use an air fryer to make steak and vegetable kebabs. Marinate beef and vegetables then skewer and cook in an Air Fryer for a quick and easy dinner any time of the year.
One of my go to summer dinners are kebabs. They are so easy to make! And because you use meat and veggies, they are an easy all in one dinner option. Our favorite kebabs are Grilling Beef Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce.
We’re lucky to live in an area where we can grill pretty much all year round. But occasionally the rain or wind gets in the way of our grilling plans. An Air Fryer is a great alternative when you can’t grill.
Air Fryer Steak and Vegetable Kebabs
Prepare and Marinate the Steak and Vegetables
Choose the right beef cut for steak kebabs is vital. Sirloin is a good choice but can be expensive. We really like top round or London Broil. It’s low in fat and grills up nicely. It can be a thinner cut though and a little tricky to get on the skewers.
First make the marinade. Stir together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, sugar, mustard, salt, sesame oil, Siracha and red pepper flakes. Whisk thoroughly and divide in half.
Separate the marinade into 2 bowls or plastic bags. Add beef to one half of the marinade in a bowl or a plastic food safe bag. Cover the bowl if using and place in fridge for 2 hours.
The vegetables on need to marinate for 1 hour. After the beef has been in the fridge for an hour, cut the vegetables into 1” squares/cubes. We love using bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms for kebabs. You do not even need to cut up the the mushrooms. Zucchini and summer squash are also great options. Add the remainder of the marinade and place in fridge for 1 hour.
Make the Kebabs on Skewers
After an hour the beef and vegetables are ready to cook. Take the beef and vegetables out of the fridge. Get out a big platter and grab your skewers. We eat a lot of kebabs in the summer we use have a set of metal kebab skewers. Depending on the size of your Air Fryer, your skewers may or may not fit. You can buy a rack with skewers that’s made for air fryers.
You can also use wooden skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 minutes to prevent them from burning during the cooking process.
Slide your beef and vegetables onto your skewers. You can do this a few ways. You can put all the meat on skewers together and vegetables on different skewers. Or you can alternate and put steak and vegetables on the same skewers. This can be a tedious process so it’s great to let kids or other people help you. Place the kebabs on the platter as you make them.
Cook the Kebabs in the Air Fryer
Once all the kebabs are prepped, preheat Air Fryer to 350 for 2 minutes.
Place kebabs in your air fryer, keeping enough space between them to allow the air to flow freely around them. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Check beef for doneness. We like ours medium rare, so this cook time was perfect. Cook for more or less time, depending on your preference. Remove from Air Fryer with tongs. Repeat cooking as necessary to use up all your steak and vegetables.
- 1 pound lean steak of your choice
- 2-3 cups of your favorite vegetables like onions, peppers, and mushrooms
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon siracha
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly and divide in half.
- Add beef to one half of the marinade and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut vegetables into 1” squares/cubes and add the remainder of the marinade. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Take beef and vegetables from fridge and grab your skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 minutes to prevent them from burning during the cooking process. Slide beef and vegetables onto your skewers.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 for 2 minutes.
- Place kebabs in your air fryer, keeping enough space between them to allow the air to flow freely around them. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Check beef for doneness. We like ours medium rare, so this cook time was perfect. Cook for more or less time, depending on your preference.
- Remove from Air Fryer with tongs and enjoy!
Air Fryer Rack, Bantoye Multi-purpose Double Layer Air Fryer Rack with Skewers, Fits Most 3.7QT – 5.8QT
The Original POPCO Tongs, Set of 3-7,9,12 Inch, Heavy Duty, Stainless Steel BBQ/Kitchen Tongs with Silicone Tips
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 1177mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 9g Protein: 14g