Mix together 3 ingredients, add toppings, and bake. Layers magically appear in these magic bars! Swap out toppings each time you make magic bars to make a unique bar every time.
There is just something special about eating a bar cookie. I think it’s the thickness of the bar that makes it extra special. Bar cookies are fun to make, but can be a little bit of work as they require multiple steps.
This Mint Brownie, for example, has a brownie layer topped with mint cream cheese and then more chocolate. And Scotcheroos are delicious because hello, chocolate and peanut butter, but again, they require a few steps (although they are no bake so there’s that).
But Magic Bars, well they are in a class of their own. Few ingredients, only two layers that you make, and the rest of the layers are created magically when baked.
Magic Bars are made in three layers, only two of which you actually create. First, you make a graham cracker crust. The bars are only made from 3 ingredients: eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. The toppings are stirred into the bars but will magically end up as the top layer of the bars. This is a fun and easy bar to make with kids.
3 Layer Magic Bars
Make the Crust
Make the Bars
Stir in Toppings
Bake the Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1 egg and butter together until well combined.
- Press the mixture into a greased 8" x 8" casserole pan.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, 1 egg and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in the pecans and chocolate chips and then fold out over the graham crust.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, until the top is golden colored.
- Let the crust set and cool for at least one hour before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 246mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 48g Protein: 9g