Making a strawberry dessert during the summer is as good as it gets. Typically I’d make a strawberry shortcake, but when short on time stuffed strawberries are a great substitute! Cream cheese and chocolate are the stars of this delicious and easy strawberry dessert.
I am so excited for this week’s Sunday Supper featuring recipes inspired by Sara Moulton! I spent some time digging around Sara’s website and was so inspired by her recipes. These stuffed strawberries caught my eye right away. My family loves strawberries. We go through pounds at a time. I’m always looking for a fun strawberry dessert and these basically take the fruit dip and put it in the berry itself.
I did make a few changes to Sara’s recipe. I love almond with cream cheese so I added a bit of almond extract. Then, I used mini chocolate chips to add a taste of cocoa.
As you can see, this strawberry dessert was a hit! The kids loved them!
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 8 large strawberries, cut in half
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A handful (more or less) of mini-chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, almond extract, and sugar. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill each strawberry with 1 teaspoon of cream cheese filling.
- Chill until ready to serve.
We are so excited for this event and want to share recipes from Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners with all of you. Join the chat and follow the bloggers listed below. Selected bloggers will be giving away a copy of this must have cookbook.
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.