Strawberry limeade is one of my favorite summer drinks. This limeade is an easy combination of simple syrup and fresh strawberries.
After making key lime pie, I’ve had a pretty full bottle of Nellie and Joe’s key lime juice in my fridge. As I was perusing homemade lemonade recipes, it occurred to me that I could make limeade with the lime juice. But not just limeade… strawberry limeade! Oh, yes! I’ve loved strawberry limeade ever since my first sip at a Sonic years ago. And this is so quick and easy to make, it’s faster than a trip to Sonic.
I doubled this recipe for my pitcher. Just keep your simple syrup to lime juice a 1:1 ratio (same amounts of each). You do need to add water to dilute this. Start with a few cups and increase the water until you get what you like.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lime juice
- ½ lb strawberries
- In a small sauce pan, heat water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain if you want to remove the seeds.
- In a pitcher combine sugar water mixture, lime juice and strawberries.
- Add water to dilute to your preferred taste (about 4-6 cups).
- Chill or serve with lots of ice.
Adapted from My Baking Addiction