As a Good Cook Kitchen Expert, I have been asked to share a favorite sandwich recipe. Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich is one of the easiest, yet tastiest, recipes in my recipe box. Cook a roast in the slow cooker all day, add cheese, toast and serve with the juices from the slow cooker. This is one of the easiest sandwich recipes you’ll ever make.
This recipe was born of a conversation I had with my neighbor about French dip sandwiches. She makes her sandwiches with lunch meat roast beef and a packet of seasonings. I decided that I could do better with less processed ingredients and this recipe was born. It’s absolutely delicious and as easy as a recipe can get. I just made these the other day without searing the roast first (pure laziness) and it turned out just fine. The best part about these is that you can put them on in the morning and not worry about dinner!
- 3-5 lb roast (I used a chuck roast)
- ½ onion chopped, diced, or sliced (however you like it -- I diced mine)
- 2.5 cups beef broth
- ½ cup red wine (optional -- you can increase the water)
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- pepper to taste
- Crusty rolls
- Cheese (provolone, swiss, mozzarella, white American)
- Trim fat from roast. Heat oil in a large skillet. Season roast with salt and pepper. Sear roast in pan on both sides until browned.
- Put roast in slow cooker. Add onions and then all liquids (broth, wine, water). Add onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and celery salt and stir to dissolve.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender enough to shred.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred.
- Place shredded beef on rolls and top with cheese. Broil sandwiches, open faced, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Dip top of rolls in to au jus in the slow cooker and place on top of the broiled bun.
- Serve sandwiches with a small dish of au jus for dipping.
The Good Cook Ultimate Sandwich Kit includes everything you need to make delicious sandwiches for your family! The flexible cutting boards are the perfect size for sandwich creating. The cheese slicer and Slice-Precise are great for cutting toppings. The bread knife is my favorite! Have I mentioned I love purple? We use the knife on everything now. The sandwich keeper is huge and won’t smash your sandwiches.
Plus For a limited time you can save 25% off The Good Cook Ultimate Sandwich Kit when you use the code DADWICH!
Make sure to check out these amazing sandwich recipes from other Good Cook Kitchen experts! Scroll all the way down for a chance to win a Good Cook Sandwich Kit!