I am always on the hunt for breakfasts that I can make, freeze and re-heat for my husband. He leaves for work right around 6 AM so I prefer something easy to get together for him. Up until last year, he didn’t really eat breakfast on work days because I was dealing with little, little kids and he was never awake enough to get something to eat. But now that our kids are a tad older and we’re getting some sleep, breakfast for him is easier to work in to our morning schedule.
I saw a recipe last week that used canned crescent rolls for a breakfast casserole, but since I refuse to buy any bread that is in a tube, I needed to re-work it. So I used my cream biscuit recipe for the crust and homemade turkey sausage for the meat. It turned out great! I think next time I’ll use a few more eggs and a little less biscuit to give it more of an egg casserole feel.
I made half this recipe for a smaller serving and used 3 eggs instead of 5 and half the biscuit dough.
- 1 Cream Biscuit Recipe
- 1/2 pound, Turkey Sausage , cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare cream biscuit recipe. Press on to bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle sausage over biscuit dough.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
This post is linked at Classy Clutter, It’s Overflowing, Too Much Time, A Night Owl Blog, Tutus and Teaparties, Cheerios and Lattes, Polkadot Pretties