Enjoy a fun spin on the classic Rice Krispies treat for a late night snack! Chocolate and almond combine with Kellogg’s Rice Krispies for a delicious snack.
The dishes are done. The kids are in bed. I’m usually working in my laptop and maybe watching some TV. Then some time around 9:00 PM, I start to get hungry.
Because of my husband’s early work schedule, we eat early meals. We eat dinner by 5:00 PM, which means that 4 hours later, I’m getting hungry. If I go to bed hungry, then I have trouble falling asleep so I definitely need a late night snack.
So I decided to take the classic Rice Krispies treat and spin it a little. I’ve recently fallen in love with almond butter and can’t get enough of it. I also love chocolate so I decided to put the two together to create a late night snack.
I decided to forgo the the marshmallow option and decided to use honey to make the Rice Krispies stick together. It worked like a charm! The bars do seem a bit stickier than the classic version so I’ve kept them in the refrigerator to help keep the stickiness to a minimum.
This recipe is quick and easy, too, so these Rice Krispies treats can be whipped up at a moment’s notice. I put mine in the freezer for 20 minutes and they were set and ready to cut.
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 3 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Liberally grease the bottom and sides of an 8x8 square baking pan. Set aside.
- Measure out Rice Krispies into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt together almond butter, honey, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Carefully pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Quickly, but gently, stir the cereal until it is well coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate covered cereal in to prepared pan. Use wax paper to firmly press the mixture in to the pan and create a smooth top.
- Place pan in freezer or refrigerator to set. Remove pan from fridge and cut in to bars. Store in an air tight container in a cool place.
Compensation was provided by Kellogg’s via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kellogg’s.