Welcome to our Progressive Tailgate Party! We had so much fun with our Progressive Picnic last spring that we decided to tackle a tailgate for fall. I love football season, particularly college football, and I really love getting together with friends to watch the game and eat! We have some fabulous recipes to make your tailgate amazing. And it all starts right here!
Peach Sangria — Camille, Growing Up Gabel
Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage Nacho Dip — Courtney, Optimistic Mommy
Burgers with Bacon Onion Jam — Heather, Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites — Ruth, What’s Cooking with Ruthie
Beer Cupcakes — Denise, Run DMT
This was definitely the “Summer of Sangria” for me! I made no less than eight batches of various sangria over the course of the summer. Peach sangria was one of my favorites! This was my first white wine based sangria and I loved it. I chose this for the tailgate because the longer ahead you make it and let it sit, the better it gets. Make it a day or two ahead and let the flavors meld in the pitcher until game day.
- 1 bottle white wine (any is fine but I like a drier wine for sangria)
- ¼ cup brandy or Triple Sec
- 2-3 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced (you can leave the skin on or not)
- ¼ cup simple syrup or sugar
- Other optional fruit to include: strawberries, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, apples
- Pour wine in to a large pitcher.
- Add sugar or simple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add in fruit and give it a quick swirl.
- Let sangria sit in fridge for at least a few hours and up to a week to let flavors meld.
How about linking up your favorite tailgate recipes to Denise’s Friday Food Fight! Link up below!
This post is linked to Mom Endeavors