Make homemade peach ice cream with only three main ingredients. No ice cream maker is needed to make this summery homemade ice cream treat.
The highlight of my summer are peaches. In general I love summer fruits, but I wait for peach season all year long. I love to cook and bake with peaches except for the peeling process. It takes forever and so more often than not I end up just eating the peaches as is. But after discovering the no church ice cream recipe, I wanted to try homemade peach ice cream.
The ingredients are pretty simple – heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and peaches. I did add in about a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and a little sugar to the peaches when they were cooking. I love how the OXO Angled Measuring Cup makes it so easy to read the measurements from above. The vanilla is in one of the OXO 4 piece Mini Measuring Beaker set. It can be tricky to get smaller amounts of liquid measured accurately and this set really does the job well.
The most time consuming part of making this peach ice cream is peeling and chopping the peaches. I used 5 medium sized peaches but I think I may have used too many. I think that 3 would suffice. I also made the ice cream totally backwards – but the recipe is written how you should do it. I did the peaches last when you need to do them first so they have time to cool off.
Because I had messed up the order, I didn’t cook down the peaches as much as I really wanted to. I did sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of sugar in while they were cooking to help release the juices.
The peaches are mixed in with the whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk and then frozen. I froze my ice cream in the OXO LockTop Medium Square container. It’s freezer safe and is the perfect depth for a batch of peach ice cream.
As you can see, there are a lot of peaches in this ice cream! That’s why I think 3 would work fine.
We ate our peach ice cream in waffle cones, which made the whole thing taste like a peaches and cream pie.
Thank you to OXO for sponsoring this post! All opinions and the peach ice cream recipe are mine!
20 minPrep Time
12 hrCook Time
12 hr, 20 Total Time
- 3-5 peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- Put peaches in a medium pot and heat over medium high heat. Add sugar and stir to cook down peaches until a nice juice forms. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- When peaches are cool, whip the cream until stiff peaks form, but do not over whip or it will turn in to butter.
- Add milk to the whipped cream and begin to gently fold in. Add the peaches and gently mix all together.
- Pour mixture in to an OXO LockTop Medium Square container. Place cover on and freeze.