Peach iced tea is one of my favorite summer drinks! I recently had the opportunity to sample several varieties of Pure Leaf Iced Tea™ as part of a campaign with Mom Central Consulting. I used a recipe from Chopped’s Ted Allen and Pure Leaf’s peach iced tea to make a twist on my our favorite iced tea.
It’s officially summer! We are in the midst of some of the hottest weather ever seen in Las Vegas. We are doing our best to stay cool and hydrated. One of our summer beverage staples is iced tea. We prefer our tea both sweetened and flavored. But I get lazy and tired of making ice tea completely from scratch. I recently had the opportunity to sample Pure Leaf Iced Tea™. Pure Leaf Iced Tea™ is real brewed tea with a fresh brewed taste and is made from the finest all natural ingredients, using no preservatives, to create teas with the perfect balance of aroma, body and flavor.
Pure Leaf has partnered with Ted Allen of Chopped to showcase different unique food and beverage pairings for any meal. Allen has some great tips for summertime entertaining. Some of my favorites are:
- The delicate, refreshing flavor of tea pairs beautifully with almost any food. Think of its abilities to clean your palate of rich, sweet flavors, and to compliment more delicate ones. Offer a range of teas—sweet, unsweetened, not-too-sweet, peach—to give your guests choices, then serve with interesting garnishes (cherries, kiwi, blood orange, Meyer lemon,
and a selection of herbs).
- When you’re barbecuing, make it easier on yourself by prepping ahead with side dishes that don’t need to be heated: Bean salads, pasta salads, even a panzanella bread salad are easy to make ahead, and that frees you up to be the Grill Master.
- Summertime is party time, and nothing says celebration like cocktails—and mocktails! A splash of vodka (or not) in Pure Leaf Sweet Tea, along with some fresh cherries, an ounce of elderflower liqueur, and some fresh mint—or, if you’re adventuresome, fresh basil— makes for a great, refreshing, showy treat! You can also try this delicious Peach Blueberry Basil Iced Tea for a fun and unique summer drink.
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 5 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 bottle Pure Leaf™ Not Too Sweet Peach Tea
- Crush blueberries and basil with wooden spoon in 1-quart glass measuring cup. Stir in Pure Leaf™ Not Too Sweet Peach Tea.
- Strain and serve in ice-filled glasses. Garnish, if desired, with additional blueberries and basil.
- For a pitcher, simply double the recipe.
- For a cocktail version, simply add 1/4 cup light rum.
Pure Leaf all-natural iced tea begins with the freshest tea leaves picked at their peak. The leaves are then hand-selected from China, India, Africa and South America for their distinctive and smooth flavor by Pure Leaf’s Master Tea Blenders. Pure Leaf is proud to be Rainforest Alliance Certified™ for sourcing tea sustainably.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Pure Leaf. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.